The Doctor Louis and Ginger Gritzo Family Endowed Engineering Scholarship is an undergraduate scholarship which is managed by the Engineering Dean’s Office. It is preferred for incoming Freshmen engineering students who were raised in or have aged out of the foster care system and have demonstrated a strong work ethic. The Gritzos will review “blind” essays and advise of selection preference, but the final selection will be made by the Whitacre College of Engineering scholarship committee.
- Amount: $1,000 annually
- What it covers: Books, fees, supplies, and living expenses
- Duration of Award: 1 – 4 years
- Where to Apply
- (Freshmen and Transfers): 1) You will first need to complete the Apply Texas application. Indicate where noted in the application that you will be applying for scholarships and that you are/were a foster child. 2) Set up an eRaider Account. 3) Email Essay to scholarships.coe@ttu: One paragraph about your experience in foster care, an example of your work ethic and what you hope to accomplish with your degree that this scholarship will help you achieve.
- (existing TTU students): 1) Fill out the TTU University Scholarship Application. 2) Email Essay to email@example.com: One paragraph about your experience in foster care, an example of your work ethic and what you hope to accomplish with your degree that this scholarship will help you achieve.
- Deadline to Apply: Incoming Freshmen and Current Red Raiders must apply by February 1st, Fall Transfers by March 1st, and Spring Transfers by November 15th. Refer to the Texas Tech Univerity Scholarship Important Dates webpage for other important deadlines related to scholarships and financial aide.
- Award Date: March through May for Fall terms and December through January for Spring terms. You will be notified of your award through an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit Thank You Letter: Before an award can be applied to your account a thank you letter must be received by the college one week prior to the beginning of classes. Information about where to send your Thank you Letter will be included in the award letter you will receive from email@example.com.
While it is not required, we would appreciate hearing from you if you are the lucky recipient of one of our scholarships. With your permission, we’d like to include a short statement about you on our success stories page. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be included.